Shredded ranch chicken and noodles
By Maddie Smith
This recipe is for all the college students who want a cheap and easy meal that still tastes delicious! Whether you are a beginner or expert chef, this recipe is simple, which is especially appreciated after a long day of classes. It makes multiple servings, so you can have it as leftovers for later or you can freeze it and save it for much later. Better yet, you can get all of the ingredients at Aldi.
· One 3-lb bag of frozen boneless, skinless chicken breasts
· Three packets of powdered Ranch dressing mix (or 1 packet per pound)
· Egg noodles
· Put the frozen chicken breasts into a slow cooker
· Pour the packets of Ranch dressing mix on top of the chicken.
· Set the slow cooker on low and let it cook all day (about 8 hours)
· Use a spatula or fork to shred the chicken at it finishes cooking
· Serve over cooked egg noodles
And that’s all – it cannot get any easier than that! Prepare it before you go to class and come home to a delicious meal.
A few tips: You can replace the Ranch dressing mix for taco seasoning (I personally prefer the Ranch). It is best to freeze only the shredded chicken (the noodles don’t usually taste the same the second time around).