11 things to do in the fall in Dubuque
It is finally fall and many are getting ready for winter or mourning over the end of summer. However, this is a time to really embrace autumn, but how would we do so? Below is a list of eleven ways that you can get into the season and all of them can be done in Dubuque!
1. Dark Chambers. This is not for the weak of heart. However, anyone searching for some thrills during this fall season is welcome to visit this well-known haunted attraction! It is open every weekend starting Friday, October 5.
2. Apple Orchard/Pumpkin Patch. Both of these bring an enjoyable time for all involved. Simply being outside in the crisp weather will help get anyone into the fall spirit.
4. Corn Mazes. Some enjoyable fun this fall season can easily be found in these labyrinths. This may be a bit more time consuming, but still full of fun nonetheless.
5. Baking. ‘Tis the season for baking pies and your favorite warm desserts. Warm yourself up with gooey cookies or cinnamon apple turnovers.
6. Sight-Seeing. A simple drive around Dubuque is never a bad idea. During the fall months, falling leaves and Halloween decorations never fail to ignite a love for the season in all who get to enjoy them.
7. Farmer’s Market. Located Downtown every Saturday morning, this is a perfect place to interact with people while also shopping for fresh fruit and veggies that are in season.
8. Going for Walks. The chill that comes with the season brings a perfect opportunity to get some fresh air while it is still enjoyable. A personal favorite of mine is visiting the Riverwalk and seeing the Mississippi before it freezes in the winter.
9. Pumpkin Carving. It’s the season for making anything and everything spooky, why not do it in an artistic way? Pumpkin carving is one of the best ways to get into the fall spirit, and you can roast the seeds from your masterpiece for another seasonal snack!
10. Enjoy a Bonfire. Nothing pairs better than warming up next to a fire and spending time with friends. Roast some marshmallows, assemble your s’mores, and enjoy some laughs with the people you’re closest with.
11. Spend a Night Indoors. Although this is quite different than the other items on this list, this is what most people may prefer during the fall months. Wrap up in a warm blanket, grab your favorite snack, and binge some scary Halloween movies!