Dr. Cawley is the most recent addition to the Music Department here at Loras College. He has been very active on campus, most recently with the Family Weekend performances of “Desserts Pops” and Mass. He has a very extensive background in all forms of Music, and though he is our Choral director, Cawley surprisingly started as a Trombone player and not initially a vocalist. Cawley would be happy to get to know individual students around campus and welcomes anyone who wishes to do choir!
Here are some of the questions asked:
How long have you been teaching?
- I have been teaching basically since 2005.
Where are you from?
- I grew up in Wheaton Illinois.
What brought you here to Loras?
- I was hired at the director of choral and vocal activates.
What advice do you have for students in your class?
- Work hard, practice, study, love your music. Be musical.
What all are you teaching this semester?
- The three choirs, concert choir, chamber choir, and con brio. Also History of Sacred music, as well as the musical next Spring.
And what is one fun fact about you?
- I lived in London for two years and enjoy International Rugby, England is my team.
What’s one “unfun” fact about you?
- There are no “unfun” facts about me.