Halloween events in Dubuque area
DUBUQUE – Halloween is right around the corner, and Dubuque is full of spook-tastic events. Here’s a full list:
- Swiss Valley Halloween Hike: Friday, October 28, 6-8 p.m. The event is non-scary. Call ahead to reserve your 15 minute hike time at 563-556-6745. Snacks and crafts will also be offered.
- Terror at the Grand Opera House: October 28-30. Light Fright will be 6-7:30 p.m. Full Fright will go from 8 p.m. until midnight. Light Fright cost $5 and Full Fright is $10.
- Dubuque Farmer’s Market Trick-or-Treat: Saturday, October 29, 9-11 a.m. Bring the kids down for candy and to enter into a raffle.
- Galena Halloween Parade and Festival: Saturday, October 29. The festival begins at 2 p.m. in downtown Galena on Washington and Perry Streets. The parade begins at 6:30 p.m. on Main Street.
- Theisen’s DOG-O-WEEN Contest: Sunday, October 30. Registration for dogs begins at 3 p.m. and the contest begins at 4 p.m. A panel of judges will evaluate the dog’s costumes. Each entry costs $5 and the money raised goes to the Dubuque Humane Society.
- Mad Scientist Trick-or-Treat Party: National Mississippi River Museum and Aquarium: Sunday October 30, 5-7:30 p.m. Over 15 fun and scientific booths will be set up in the museum. The event is indoors and kids will receive a Halloween goodie bag when they arrive.
Community Trick-or-Treat schedules:
- Sunday, October 29 – Galena, IL, 5-7:30 p.m.
- Monday, October 31
- Dubuque, IA, 5:30-7:30 p.m.
- Asbury, IA, 5:30-7:30 p.m.
- SAMS Club, Dubuque, IA, 10 a.m.-2 p.m.
- East Dubuque, IL, 5-7 p.m.
- Peosta, IA, 6-7:30 p.m.