Ooey Gooey Chex Mix: A Sweet Holiday Snack
December 6, 2018
- One 12.8-ounce box Rice Chex cereal
- One 12-ounce box Golden Grahams cereal
- One 7-ounce bag shredded coconut
- One 4-ounce bag slivered almonds
- 1½ cups butter (3 sticks)
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups corn syrup
- Combine and stir the Rice Chex, Golden Grahams, coconut, and almonds in a large mixing bowl.
- In a large saucepan, cook the butter, sugar, and corn syrup to the “soft ball” stage, which is about 234℉ when using a candy thermometer.
- Then pour the sauce over the cereal mixture and stir until it is well-coated.
- Pour the combined mixture out onto 2 large cookie sheets to cool. Occasionally stir it around to prevent clumping.
- Store in an airtight container.