Thanksgiving is just around the corner and quite honestly, would it even be Thanksgiving without some pie? Almost every year in high school, I would volunteer to help bake pies for my parish. Essentially, I got to spend a lot of hours with some amazing older ladies who gave some great life advice. One of the things I remember them telling me was that knowing how to make a good pie is a good way into a man’s heart. So here is a simple, but yummy pumpkin pie recipe that everyone will fall in love with. Although it is called Impossible Pumpkin Pie, it isn’t so impossible after all.
- 3/4 cups sugar
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- A pinch of salt
- 1/2 cups Bisquick mix (pancake mix)
- 1 can of evaporated milk
- 2 cups pumpkin
- 2 1/2 teaspoons pumpkin spice
- Lightly grease pie plate
- Mix all of the ingredients together
- Bake at 350 for 50 to 55 minutes
- To check if it is done: poke with a knife and if it comes out clear it is done
- Let cool completely
- Add toppings and enjoy!