If you’re like me, you’re one of millions of Americans who loves ice cream. You’re also probably one of many college students who doesn’t have access to ice cream on a 24/7 basis. Yes, there’s always soft serve in the Caf and F’reals in the Market, but sometimes we need that frozen, creamy goodness ASAP. These freeze pops turned out surprisingly well, and not only do they taste like ice cream, they’re also healthy, easy to make, and won’t break the bank.
You will need:
3 spoonfuls of vanilla yogurt
6 medium-sized strawberries
Milk chocolate chip morsels
Ice cube tray
1 small and 1 medium-sized bowl
1. Wash the strawberries with warm water. Pull off the green tops and put the strawberries in the smaller bowl.
2. Mash the strawberries with either a spoon or use your hands. Once they are broken down, put them into the larger bowl.
3. Add three spoonfuls of vanilla yogurt to the large bowl. Mix the strawberries and yogurt together with a spoon until they are well blended.
4. Pour an even amount of the strawberry and yogurt mixture into six of the ice cube holes.
5. Taking the same small bowl, melt a handful of milk chocolate chips in the microwave for 20 seconds. Stir until smooth.
6. Spread the melted chocolate on top of the strawberry and yogurt mixture.
7. Break each popsicle stick in half. Place one stick in each of the ice cube holes.
8. Place the pops in the freezer and let set for at least 24 hours.