Chocolate Lava Cakes: An Easy Dessert Just in Time for Valentine’s Day
February 14, 2019
- Non-stick spray
- 1 stick butter
- 2 oz. bittersweet chocolate
- 2 oz. semisweet chocolate
- 1 ¼ cups powdered sugar
- 2 whole eggs
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- Preheat the oven to 425℉. With the non-stick baking spray, cover four custard cups and place them on a baking sheet.
- Add the butter, semisweet chocolate, and bittersweet chocolate into a large bowl. Heat the ingredients in the microwave for one minute, or until the butter is melted. Then whisk until all of the chocolate is melted.
- In the large bowl, mix in the sugar. Add and whisk the eggs and egg yolks. Add in the vanilla. Finally, stir in the flour.
- Divide this mixture among the four custard cups.
- Bake for 13 minutes, or until the sides are firm and centers are soft. Let it stand for at least one minute.
- Optional: Sift some powdered sugar over the top of the cakes.
- Carefully turn over the custard cup onto a plate so the lava cake easily falls out. Serve with vanilla ice cream.